Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rainy Day Trip to Rainbow Foods


I decided it was a good day to go to Rainbow Foods and stock up on some new gluten, corn and dairy free foods. This is what I bought today; gf graham crackers(figured these would be fun for camping), gf flour mix, gf bread crumbs, gf cones, gf pasta(I think I have stocked up enough gf pasta to feed us for a year), almond milk, taro chips, gf pizza crusts, brown rice cakes, rice crackers and gf strawberry cookies. I also got a new kind of dairy, soy free cheese that is supposed to melt well and taste good. They said it is hard to keep in stock it is so good. It is made with filtered water, tapioca and arrowroot flour, non GMO safflower oil, coconut oil, pea protein, vegan flavours(from plants) xanthum gum, vegan bacterial cultures and annatto. I also got raw coconut butter with cacao. Connor can not have chocolate and he is having a hard time with it even though he did not really enjoy chocolate before. I bought this to see if it would be fine for him since it is more natural and raw.
I will be making a new menu plan for the coming week. Connor has planned out a meal to make. We were sent a new recipe for gf country chicken and he wants coleslaw and mashed potatoes with it. I will be looking through my pantry and freezer to make my menu plan to see what foods we already have. I already know I have most items to make pasta, pizza, salads, and I have lots of fruits and vegetables.
What is on your menu this week?

No comments: