Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Organic Vegetable Delivery


It felt like Christmas opening up the bags to see what we got today. Everything is organic and grown at a farm not too far from here so it is picked and delivered fresh. The produce will be filled with lots of nutrients and I can't wait to use it. I cut up some carrots to go with the kids dinner tonight, they had leftovers. The carrots were so fresh, and full of flavour. I can't wait to try the rest of the produce and try some new recipes. Each week the delivery will be different produce and amounts.
This weeks delivery had;
  • sweet potatoes-yum! We all love sweet potatoes and we will probably roast them
  • a very big mushroom-not sure what we will do with it, stir fry possibly, put in pasta
  • carrots-will be great for juicing and carrot sticks
  • tomatoes-I am craving a toasted tomato sandwich, need to get some more gluten free bread
  • potatoes-baked potatoes probably
  • radishes-just eat them with some other cut up vegs
  • cauliflower-either raw or we will steam it
  • greens-lots of greens to enjoy, need to make some green smoothies and salads with them
  • cucumber-cut up with the carrot sticks
  • sprouts-I am thinking they would be good in a salad and in a sandwich with humus and other vegs
  • onions-salad, with the baked potatoes
  • zucchini-my favourite! I am thinking a gluten free zucchini cake, bread or muffins

Any other ideas to use the produce?

If anyone who lives near me would like some flour let me know, it is all yours. I have some bags not even opened and a few opened bags of whole wheat and regular flour. We are going gluten free as a family and my pantry is almost cleaned out of items with gluten except for some bags of flour. Let me know if you would like it and I would be happy to get it to you.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Did anyone take you up on the flour? If not, I will take it. I go through a fair amount of it.

Keri said...

It is all yours, if you are around tomorrow I can drop it off. :)