Thursday, June 10, 2010

Menu Plan for the next week

I like to do my big grocery shopping trip on Thursday's and I try to menu plan before I go. I find menu planning is a great tool for saving time, money and eliminating extra trips to the store. I try to plan meals around food we already have and keeping in mind nights we have sports. I like to plan a variety of easy meals, new recipes, family favourites and leftover nights. I look through my pantry, fridge, freezer, and cupboards to see what we have first. I get 2 pieces of paper and make a grocery list and a list for ideas for breakfasts, lunches, snacks and dinners. Sometimes I plan what we will have for each day and others I will just write some ideas for the number of meals I am buying for.
This is what we will be having this week;
Breakfast Ideas;
*organic coffee, herbal teas, juice, water, almond milk
*fresh fruit-watermelon, lots of berries, apples, bananas
*gluten free waffles with berries, cinnamon, maple syrup
*oatmeal
*wheat grass
*green smoothies
*fresh juice
*eggs
*hash browns
*nut butters
*granola with berries, cinnamon, and either organic yogurt or almond milk
*gluten free waffle mix(to make in waffle iron) with warm raspberry sauce and cream(made with tofu);a weekend breakfast

Lunch/Snack Ideas;
*leftovers
*rice chips-garden salsa
*assorted vegetables
*fruit
*gluten free crackers
*salads
*pickles
*homemade granola bars(recipe coming; got everything to make them)
*organic yogurt for Kelsey
*blueberry applesauce cups/organic applesauce
*granola with berries
*baked items

Dinner Ideas;
*Vegetables-Roasted beets, BBQ Vegetables, Europe's Best Frozen Vegetables, Salads, Raw Vegetables, Green and Yellow Beans
~Steak, onion and bell pepper Fajitas with toppings and Brown Rice tortillas(not sure how these will be)
~Gluten Free Pizza with Raw Vegetables
~Vegan Black Bean Burgers, Grilled Vegetables, Organic fries
~Crock pot Fruit Salsa Chicken, Rice, Green and Yellow beans, Roasted beets
~Pasta dinner with gluten free pasta, pasta sauce with meat and a side salad
**I plan on making enough each night for leftovers. Leftovers make packing lunches a much quicker process.




No comments: