Thursday, June 17, 2010

Easy gluten, dairy, soy free, vegan Meal

I made a super quick meal for the kids tonight that they both loved. I was not sure how it would be since I was trying some new things I had bought from Rainbow foods yesterday. I used the gluten free pizza shells, some farm boy pizza sauce and sprinkled the new "cheese" over it. It actually melted, the kids loved it, and said it was the best cheese they have ever had. I was a bit surprised to be quite honest, I had no idea if they would like it or not. I served it with humus, cut up cucumbers and carrots.

Making kid sized pizzas makes an easy, fun meal. Start with any shell you have; whole wheat or gluten free english muffins, tortillas, buns, or homemade dough. Use a sauce, it can be olive oil, pizza or pasta sauce. Put out some toppings; cut up vegetables, pineapple, leftover cut up meat, whatever you have in your fridge. Top with cheese, it can be a non dairy or dairy cheese. Bake and enjoy. Cut up some raw vegetables or fruit to go with it for a quick meal.

No comments: