Sunday, June 6, 2010

Adjusting to the new eating plan

We are all adjusting to Connor's new way of eating and doing better then I thought. It has been a challenge to find gluten free food that does not have corn in it. I picked up a few things that were gluten free and I did not read the label and served them learning quickly there was corn in them. I did not realize how many foods it was in, I really did not think we ate corn enough to worry. Other then that I have been able to serve him foods free of wheat and gluten grains, dairy, artificial flavours and colours, chocolate, soy, pork, grapes and oranges. This week may be difficult for him. His class is having a party for his english and french teacher on Tuesday and I know there will be a lot of food that he can not eat. One of Connor's good friends has celiac disease so we are sending in treats that are safe for them. I am hoping having special treats will make it easier for the foods he can not eat and that he is not the only one not able to have what the other kids are bringing in.
I will share this week the recipe for homemade granola bars since it got the most votes. Thank you to everyone who voted. Have a great week everyone and check in this week for some recipes, snack and meal ideas.

No comments: