Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Searching for the best sandwich bread

We are on the search for a good gluten free sandwich bread. Before going gluten free sandwiches were not a treat for Connor but he misses them now. It is hard to find a gluten free bread that tastes good, does not need to be toasted, doesn't cost you a week's pay, does not have corn in it, does not crumble apart and that is in the store on a regular basis. I need to start experimenting with my bread machine but for now I have been buying gluten free bread occasionally. I just picked up another kind to try, it rang up as almost $2.00 more then the price was and I am glad I caught it, the cashier and people behind me in line were not. :) The kids liked the taste but said that it had a different smell to it. It had to be toasted but they enjoyed it enough to buy it again. Still searching though for more options though. We really enjoyed the bread from the Silly Yak in Kingston but it is too far to be buying bread from there on a regular basis. For now I think square rice cakes and rice crackers are our most reliable option. Our house always has some kind of rice cracker, chip or rice cake now. They can be used for many different things and the kids enjoy them still.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I follow on Twitter a Celiac group which always posts different links...if I happen across something I will let you know.

Andrea

Keri said...

Thanks so much, that would be great. I am searching for a good gluten free tortilla shell as well, if you hear of a good one let me know.:)