Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Organizing your food


I bought some more mason jars to organize some more of our food. I find the jars great for bulk foods and things I use a lot of. If I have extra that does not fit in the jar I just keep the bag in our pantry in the storage room and fill it up when needed. I have all my gluten free flours, baking soda and powder and different baking things in mason jars. The flours I have labelled with canning labels and put the sticker on top of the jar. I have created an oatmeal bar here with the different mason jars. In the jars I have the oats and some of the toppings for cold or warm oatmeal. There are cocoa nibs, coconut, oats, almonds, organic cranberries, and chia seeds. I just use some of the toppings and it can be mixed together for a no cook oatmeal and can also be served with cold non dairy milk like almond or rice milk. You can also top this with berries, nut butters, organic yogurt, melted coconut butter, flax seeds, hemp seeds, use cereal instead of oats. Whatever you have in your kitchen and like works. This makes a quick breakfast or snack and can be nutritious and filling. Enjoy :)

No comments: