Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baking Day and Fun Breakfast

my tester, she said these were the best muffins she ever ate and that they were not crumbly at all :)

mmm, homemade blueberry gluten and corn free muffins


I decided to bake today to use up some bananas and blueberries, I still have some peaches I need to use tomorrow. We have lots of fresh fruit in the house right now so don't want anything going to waste. I am also wanting to start baking weekly, now that I am pretty much stocked up with different flours and baking items it is a lot cheaper for me to make things myself. I can also adapt recipes for our needs, I changed the milk in the muffins to almond milk, used organic eggs, used gluten and corn free flour, etc. I have decided I need to just start experimenting even if that means some recipes may not turn out.







Homemade banana bread, I adapted a recipe that the kids had enjoyed from before to use up some bananas. I used gluten and corn free flour and added a teaspoon of xantham gum to the mix. The bread turned out good but a bit crumbly.




I made Kelsey for breakfast this morning a bowl of stove top oatmeal with bananas and she wanted organic peanut butter and organic chocolate chips in it. She had organic apple juice with it and her vitamins. I know not the most healthy breakfast but she enjoyed it.

No comments: