Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy Saturday

Connor on his birthday cooking


My baby turned 11 on Wednesday, I still can't believe he is 11. I am very proud of him and he has shown me even though things can be difficult to not give up. He inspired me to go back to school to become a Nutritionist and is always encouraging me. He has the biggest heart and loves to work hard. He has his life all planned out down to what cars he wants to buy, where he wants to live, how many dogs he is going to have, kids, what he wants in his dream kitchen, etc. His first big dream involves becoming a chef and going to Italy to chef school. He has been getting cooking lessons at an Italian restaurant and loving every minute of it. I surprised him by cooking lessons on his birthday and dinner there. He had a great time peeling, chopping, measuring and learning other things. Happy Birthday Connor xoxo



Our new toaster
We got rid of our microwave many months ago when Connor was experiencing a lot of health problems and we have been using our toaster oven A LOT! We just got this new toaster oven on sale and we are loving it. It does so many things and is so fun to use. I love anything for the kitchen, my dream kitchen would have everything in it. The kids can use the toaster oven to heat things up, make toast, and it is big enough to bake anything in it as well.



A new protein powder I bought at Food Smith's
We use a lot of different powders and I am always buying new ones to add to our smoothies. We have bought progressive protein powders before and really like the taste and quality of them. I found this new one at Food Smith's in Perth and it has a great taste. Kelsey added some water and ice to the powder this morning and enjoyed it with her breakfast. We usually add the powders to a smoothie though in our blender with frozen fruit, water or juice and ice. I also picked up a new almond protein powder to add to our smoothies.


A few easy gluten free snacks I picked up at Food Smith's
Rice snacks have become our new best friends. We always have different kinds of rice crackers and rice cakes for a quick snack. We discovered the thin square rice cakes make a good alternative to bread. We have used them to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, hamburger buns, and are good with hummus. Rice crackers can make a easy snack with nut butters, vegetables, fruit, dips, nuts and seeds,etc. There are many different kinds out there and they are easy to find at grocery stores and health food stores. I picked up a few fruit snacks as well for a quick gluten free snack. It is nice having quick snacks that can be packed for car trips, going to the park or outings or just a snack at home. Other gluten free snacks can be cut up fruits, vegetables and dip, nuts and seeds, all fruit freezies or popsicles, rice icecream, gluten free cereal and almond milk.

Have a great weekend.




No comments: