Wednesday, May 26, 2010

What's For Dinner?



This is a common question in many homes everyday. Trying to find a meal that everyone enjoys, that does not take too long to make, and is healthy can be a challenge. I will begin next week sharing our weekly menu plan for dinners and will continue offering suggestions for meals. If you have specific needs for meal ideas please let me know so I can offer suggestions. I can provide meal ideas for gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and other requests. If your family has foods they love I can also make suggestions.
I will start off this What's For Dinner series with an easy summer dinner meal.
~Summer salads; A great way to get the kids involved in preparing the meal and serving themselves. Start with a green such as lettuce, spinach, or mixed greens and place them in a bowl or on a plate after you have rinsed them. Pick a protein, this can be any kind of grilled meat, cheese, rinsed canned beans,cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs cut up, nuts or seeds. Then some fresh vegetables or fruit such as berries, peppers, carrots, cucumbers, fresh herbs,etc. All the items you have chosen can be put in separate bowls or a big plate for serving. Pick a few dressings to choose from, store bought or you can make your own. Have lots of variety and let each person make their own personalized salad. Leftovers can be used the next day for lunches or snacks.

2 comments:

kristi said...

Hey Keri! Great start to your blog! I'll have to make sure I check here often for some good food ideas for the summer! I'm always looking for new and creative stuff to cook for dinner or for snacks.

Thanks for posting this! Super idea!

(I have the same design for my blog too!! Great taste!!)

Kristi

Keri said...

Awe thanks Kristi, you are my first comment :) :) I hope to post daily so keep checking back for new posts and recipes. I will post some fun summer snack and dinner ideas :)
I played around with the settings for a bit and was pleased with the layout/colours. What is your blog address? Have a great day and if you have any other ideas let me know :) Keri