Saturday, May 29, 2010

Planning ahead for sporting events


My children are both involved in different sports and activities. My son plays hockey, loves to ski, was on the school volleyball team and he is on his school running team. My daughter figure skates, takes a yoga class, acro class and is playing soccer this summer. Having activities at different times of the week and weekend can be a challenge feeding them healthy options before leaving or while at the activity.
Tomorrow morning my son has to meet his running club downtown at 7:30 am and we need to pick up his friend at 7 am. Planning ahead for events like this make a big difference. I know that he will not be hungry before leaving here at 6:50 am but will need to eat before the race. I have packed a picnic in our cooler backpack for the car for the 3 kids to eat,and have drinks for them for before and after the run. I have also made breakfast for my husband and I so we can have a quick breakfast before leaving. I got the organic coffee ready, a must for early mornings. I also prepared a container of vegan overnight oats. This was the first time making this recipe so if it turns out well I will post the recipe. I am also packing water for us for the event.
I find planning ahead whenever possible saves a lot of time, extra expenses and you can pack foods you know your children will eat and enjoy.

No comments: